Interestingly, I am currently working in Office of Student Life in Baruch College as student assistant and social media representative. My duties include posting current events on all social media websites such as Facebook, twitter. This helps us to remind students regarding important events and helps us to raise the attendance. Moreover, Facebook is also being used to send invitation for particular events which requires RSVP for attendance. Apart from this, my team and I upload realtime pictures on Instagram and Facebook to show student life activities on campus. This helps us to keep the Baruch college community updated and encourage them to get involve in college. In last, we use new media for advertising purposes also, as when someone is tagged or someone shares our post, more people come to know about our department and college it self.
If you guys have any suggestions for me or my team (office of student life), please share and help us to improve :)
Perhaps e-mailing links and maybe a screenshot of those posts to all Baruch students will be helpful in getting more people exposed to your work. I am sure many students dont know about it, and most emails from Student Life are mostly long texts from what I have last seen.
ReplyDeleteI think reaching out to clubs and having student life representatives take pictures during club hours of the various club events would be great. This would expose the greater student body to the benefits of joining clubs, and could definitely help more students get involved. I'm a VP in 2 business organizations on campus, and I'd love to have a better relationship with Student Life.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your suggestions and I am glad to hear your opinion.
ReplyDeleteStudent life send emails to every Baruch student on weekly bases with details for up coming events on the campus to keep everyone updated. The email does not only contain information about student activities, but also information regarding academic information ( example, W grade last date).
And we have two student assistants only for taking pictures for student life during club hours and certain events (other than lexicon). I hope you have liked the student life page on Facebook and are following us on twitter because the pictures are updated on both of them regularly.
However, we will try to better and promote the events in more efficient way.
Thanks :)